Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Me and Poindexter

As you may have noticed, I have added a picture of St. Peregrine, the patron saint of cancer patients, to the side of this blog, along with a link to the Multiple Myeloma Research Foundation. I added these things because on Dec. 7, 2007, my life was instantly changed. It is amazing how a little word, cancer, can in less than a nanosecond make the whole world different, never to be the same again. Multiple Myeloma is an incurable, but treatable, form of cancer. I have been diagnosed with this disease. I DO NOT say this in any attempt to garner sympathy (ugh!), however I am grateful for any and all prayer. It is my hope to speak to the spiritual dimension of my journey, to share my journey through this challenge, to continue to speak and to learn. I decided that I must lean on our good and glorious God, and fight for all I am worth. Hence the name of this post, Me and Poindexter. No offence to anyone actually named Poindexter, but I had to name this cancer to give it a face, to make it something I could grasp. So the battle is on, and I am looking for where God wants me to go in this struggle. I will occassionally post this progress here, but plan to establish a new blog, Me and Poindexter, to track where I am being led in this new challenge. Where I am going I do not know, but perhaps in prayer we can travel there together.

Deacon John

Feast of Stephan

Dec. 26, 2007

No comments: