Saturday, March 20, 2010

Fifth Sunday of Lent

Is 43:16-21
Phil 3:8-14
Jn 8:1-11

In an old Bugs Bunny cartoon the rascally rabbit cons someone, then walks away saying, what an idiot, what a maroon. Even when I saw this as a child I recognized the mistake, using the wrong word, and understanding that maybe the wrong person, if Bugs can be considered a person, was the maroon. The scribes and Pharisees bring a woman to Jesus, a woman caught in adultery. I doubt they really cared much about this woman or her sin, cynically they hoped to trap Jesus, forcing him to choose to either stick with the letter of the law or to let her go despite the law. A neat trap, one they could spring and walk away saying what an idiot, what a maroon. Instead Jesus questions them. Who among you is without sin, who among you is perfect? If you are sinful, imperfect, how can you cast judgment on another imperfect being? Slowly they begin to walk away, realizing that maybe the wrong person, or persons, were the maroon. Far too often in my own life I have lashed out, judging someone, someone I thought, someone I knew, was wrong. How could they do that? How could they be that way? They deserve their fate and worse, what an idiot, what a maroon. Then, later I learn more about that person, their circumstances, and see how foolishly harsh I was in my judgment. I look at myself and realize many could look at me, at things I have done, and be just as harsh in judgment against me, despite not knowing me or my circumstances. We must understand that in our own imperfection, we cannot judge others. The only one who can is the one who is perfect. When I try to judge, to point out another’s faults, just who is the maroon?
Deacon John
The Fifth Sunday of Lent
March 21, 2010

12 comments:

宥軒 said...

最豐滿最好之稻穗,便最貼近地面........................................

佩璇佩璇 said...

先告訴自己希望成為什麼樣的人,然後一步一步實踐必要的步驟。........................................

雅琳 said...

hello~welcome my world~<. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Robert said...

Hi,

My name is Rev Robert Wright, Editor for Christian.com, a social network made specifically for Christians, by Christians. We embarked on this endeavor to offer the entire Christian community an outlet to join together and better spread the good word of Christianity. Christian.com has many great features like Christian TV, prayer requests, finding a church, receiving church updates and advice. We have emailed you to collaborate with you and your blog to help spread the good word of Christianity. I look forward to your response regarding this matter. Thanks!


Rev. Robert Wright
rev.robertwright@gmail.com
www.christian.com

PorshaCoghlan梁子珠 said...

青春一逝不復返,事業一失難有成。......................................................

秋娥 said...

好問才能博學。........................................

ElvisS_Scholten0188 said...

sex女,ut,貼影,av,高潮,女優,做愛,手機成人影片,色遊戲,成人動漫,百分百貼圖區,85cc影片,成人影音,av色情影片,A片線上,a片,sex,777,三級線上看,美女的照片,視訊做愛,78論壇,打飛機,免費視訊,成人影院,辣妹視訊,視訊聊天,影片網,kiss911,a片,交友,聊天,做愛,免費影片,性交,線上成人,網路色情,聊天,美女自慰,免費a分享,免費短片,裸照,一夜情,女優,85cc成人片,美女寫真,偷拍a,情人視訊聊天室

Stephany5289 said...

到處逛逛~~來繞繞留個言囉~~~~........................................

Angelo冠宇 said...

要持續更新下去喲!!祝你心情愉快.............................................

DianneG_Conatser家銘 said...

人生是故事的創造與遺忘。..................................................

TaliaG said...

微風成人 ut視訊交友 彩虹聊天 a免費線上 手機視訊交友 女優露點影片 性感車展美女 av影片下載 走光+偷拍+自拍 彩虹視訊聊天室 85cc 情趣 18h 可愛視訊少女 85ccst影城 歐美a片論壇 007情色小說 自拍色情圖 彰化一夜情聊天室 s383影城 完美女人工廠 影音視訊聊天 做愛美女 視訊辣妹網 人妻自拍 歐美熟女做愛成人 視訊成人網 空姐性愛影片 aa圖免費看 美女寫真貼圖 85cc免費成人 成人短片 情色貼圖 視訊聊天 杜蕾斯貼圖區正妹牆 正妹援交 嘟嘟情人色網貼圖 鋼管秀 avvcd 洪爺影片城 國中大奶f sex888免費影片 色遊戲下載區 巨乳人妻影片 性貼圖 後宮 限制級遊戲 0204成人電影 免費性愛貼片 走光照

柏懿綺辰 said...

a片子安心亞寫真top1069拓網交友做愛自拍免費情色影片383成人台灣情網影片線上免費av18禁250av女優免費影片旺來出品辣妹寫真鋼管秀bt旺來出品辣妹寫真鋼管秀旺來風情寫真秀-辣妹過招旺來風情寫真秀旺來蓬萊仙山寫真集 vcd旺旺仙貝的狂想境地早洩韭南籽早期歐美a片早期范冰冰照片早春小老婆美女 視訊youtube 影片g世代論壇080視訊聊天室aaaaa片俱樂部影片微風成人情色 網18禁地少女遊戲女生自衛影片免費聊天女同志聊天室成人聊天室性愛日記網交聊天室性愛姿勢免費av影片觀看拓峰交友美女聊天室hbo論壇一夜情視訊聊天室五分鐘護半身視訊美女激情網愛聊天室