Sunday, August 02, 2009

Eighteenth Sunday in Ordinary Time


Ex 16:2-4, 12-15
Eph 4:17, 20-24
Jn 6:24-35

“This is the work of God, that you believe in the one he sent.”
What does it mean to believe in the one God sent? Is it a simple act of affirmation, or is there more involved? Belief in the one sent by God is more than affirmation, it is immersion, immersion into the person of Christ. When one enters a profession it is not simply a matter of saying I’m a doctor or a lawyer or a plumber or an electrician. To be one of those requires immersion into the subject, study, practice, and the realization that you will never know everything there is to know about your field. You have to keep up with the advances in your chosen field, continually learning and re-learning, consulting books and others in your field so that you can continue to do the work you have chosen and to do it well.
So it is when we choose to do the work of God. We declare our belief, we affirm that we are followers of Jesus Christ, but we cannot stop there. We must keep up, we must immerse ourselves into the subject, into the body of Christ. We gather on this day and we hear the word of God. We take in that word, seeking to make it a part of us, applying that word to our lives. We then consume the bread become the Body of Christ, we consume the wine become Christ’s blood. We take in that Word, and in that taking in of the Body, we become what we receive. We receive the Body of Christ and become the Body of Christ. We are immersed in Christ as we act on our belief that Christ is indeed the one sent by God. We are immersed in Christ as we prepare to do the work of God.
“This is the work of God, that you believe in the one he sent.”

Deacon John
Eighteenth Sunday in Ordinary Time
Aug. 2, 2009

1 comment:

victor said...

I want John to stop this right now Victor cause if you don't, your body flesh is going to take another trip to a mental hospital and "IT" is not going to be very funny this time because the aliens are in charge and they now mean business if you know what I mean!

Bring "IT" on sinner vic!

Victor! You're crazy because your so call Jesus does not really exist as you've heard of Him cause I'm your god and you should know "IT" by now after all the miracles that I've performed for you!

Give "IT" a brake sinner vic cause even if your con science explained to me with 100% accuracy why a woodpecker does not get a headache when "IT" picks on a tree and why a spider does not get caught in "IT's" on web, I would never think that you're My God. The best that you could ever wish for is to be my better half of each and every "ONE" of my cells so keep learning. I'll tell you what sinner vic, if one of my daily cells ever manage to change water into wine with My God’s help that is, I'll tell that cell of the day that "IT" is doing good work as long as "IT" is giving the wine out for free and that “IT” obtained a proper license during reality and let's not forget that "IT" must be also approved by me, myself and I so what else can I say?

I could go on and on but what good would "IT" really do because as hard as "IT" is to believe, each and every one of our cells with “GOD’s LOVE”, have the ability to achieve even more than their counterpart or should I say our human body flesh, so get out and learn all you can sinner vic with a sincere heart about "The Only Begotten Son of Our Heavenly Father" because with a little "Faith", Nothing is impossible for “The Blessed Trinity”

Forgive me for getting a little carried away cell of Saint John and don't ever stop preaching God's Word!

While you're at "IT" say a little prayer for me! :)

God Bless,

Peace